Friday, August 15, 2008

What it feels like to be in an Alfred Hitchcock movie...

Sorry it's been a while. I've been working like a maniac this week. In addition, I've also felt the urge to make a trillion appointments: with every doctor I've ever had in the city and every friend I haven't seen in more than a couple weeks. If you didn't know any better, you'd think I was moving across the country, not just to the suburbs. However, I'm sure that accomplishing these little things will be a tad more difficult when I move to suburbia. It's sooo easy to walk to the doctor's office a block away on my way into work. Anyway, now it's 7 a.m. & I'm already procrastinating. But, since I haven't posted in a week, I feel like this is a worthy waste of time.

Last Friday night I went to see KT Tunstall in concert at the Borgata in AC (that's Atlantic City, NJ for those of you who are not "up" on the East Coast lingo). She was a really entertaining performer - very funny in between songs, energetic on stage, and theatrical. She changed guitars in between each song (loved, loved, loved the rhinestone guitar). And, she did this cool thing where she would record the first part of her song, and then sing the rest of the song with herself as back-up. (Also, one of her band members came out with a washboard tie which he played throughout one of the songs - sooo funny!) Although I didn't take any pictures because, come on, no concert pictures turn out very well, I found a couple of her on the web.

Here she is on her most recent album cover (Drastic Fantastic) with one of her flashy guitars. She wore these same ankle boots for her show.


Here she is with her band. Her fiance, the drummer, is the one with the pencil moustache to the right.

Although KT put on a good show, it was an odd scene. Instead of standing up & dancing throughout the show, everyone sat politely in their seats. Bizzare! I felt like I was in some sort of a lecture hall.

After the concert, my lady friends (Colleen & Kristina) & I crashed at the tres chic Days Inn. Nothing like sleeping in a smoking room with questionable sanitation. But, it was the right price & right next to the Boardwalk, which gave us the chance to walk on the beach before heading home on Sat. morning. Unfortunately, our walk was cut short when we were attacked by seagulls. Seriously. As Kristina was enjoying her morning donut, this seagull swooped down & grabbed it right from her hand. Thereafter we watched, in horror, as all of the other seagulls attacked the seagull with the donut. It freaked us out so much that we had to head back to Philly immediately.

Speaking of the NJ Shore - Lew & I are heading to beautiful Cape May this Monday for a mini-vacation right before our closing/move. We're staying in the Stonewall Jackson Suite in this cute little bed & breakfast right in the middle of the fun part of this quaint Victorian community. (By the way, doesn't it seem odd that a bed & breakfast in NJ would name a Suite after a Confederate General?) Hopefully the seagulls there will be a little more civilized.

1 comment:

StumpfII said...

Okay...I'll try this for the third time...as it happens I am teaching the short story upon which the movie "The Birds" is based...they have in common that both have birds with an attitude...other than that the setting, time, characters and plot are different...