Friday, November 21, 2008

My Clean House

Finally, after much ado, we found a cleaning service. We were pretty scarred after the last round of “cleaners” (who were less than cleanly) so it took us a while to find someone. Ultimately we decided to go with Monica, a woman who came highly recommended by about 6 people at my firm. Although she doesn’t speak much English & you have to speak through her teenage kids (which makes me feel a little like I’m supporting child labor), it’s totally worth it.

So, Monica, her husband, and their son came over last Sunday and cleaned from 9 a.m. until 7 p.m. That’s some mad cleaning! Cleaning doesn’t even explain what they did to my house. They literally transformed it. They rearranged all of the furniture in our guest bedroom and put headboards on both the master bed and the bed in the guest room. Both of our studies, which were still full with unpacked boxes, ended up beautifully organized. The little touches were so cool – they folded the corner of the toilet paper into little triangles and fluffed our Kleenex. Seriously fluffed our Kleenex. I can’t tell you how much I appreciated their hard work. I even hugged them when they left. Hope that didn't freak them out too much!

Below is a pic of our clean living room which, as you will notice, after a mere 3 months, is finally sporting something on the walls.


Here's the master bed with the new headboard - a brown plush faux suade nailhead headboard from the Company Store. It's really soft! There's also a matching bench at the base of the bed.


The dresser in the guest bedroom. Another much appreciated hand-me-down from Susan & Brett.

The new bed in the guest bedroom, which is sporting the beautiful quilt my Mom and Grandma Bates gave me for my wedding. The main pieces in the quilt were originally sewn by my great-grandmother. What an amazing piece!

1 comment:

Emily&JT said...

Yeah! You got your own Lupita! JT thinks you've gone overboard.