Saturday, October 4, 2008

Busy, busy, busy

Sorry it’s been a while, dear readers (all 5 of you); however, the cord connecting my camera to the computer was MIA. And I didn’t think you wanted to hear me complain about my job without at least providing you with some modicum of entertainment (surely you are entertained by my pictures).

So, I’ve been insanely busy the last couple weeks. I keep reminding myself that this is a good thing. In today’s unstable economy, being busy = job security. Also, I’d rather be busy than bored. But, I’d really love it if there were some sort of a knob that allowed me to lower the stress-level on my job down from a 9 to a 4. I can’t even relax in my sleep - I woke up about 5 times last night because my shoulders were so tense. On a very positive note, I engaged in some serious shop therapy last weekend – more on that later.

Finally, after 4 weeks, here are some new pictures of our place.

The new (and clean) kitchen. I wish it always looked this way! Usually it only does after Susan stops by for a visit. (Thanks Susan!) Also, note the new (and also clean) microwave/convection oven, which was a birthday present from the in laws.


Lew's study/music room/laundry room/Colonization-playing room.

Our dining room table, a hand-me-down from Judd, with a beautiful view of our backyard.

Finally - a picture of the secretary's desk that Lew bought me in Cape May for my birthday. I can't tell you how much I love this piece (although I have done a pretty thorough job at trying to convey how much I love this desk)!
A couple antiques from Brett & Susan's attic - a school desk & a typewriter. The typewriter even predates the word "typewriter". It is actually called a "printwriter."

A few more hand-me-downs from Judd - a couch, seat, and coffee/end tables. Yes, Lew & I really just stole all of this stuff from Brett & Susan, which is why they are never invited over to the house. It's a pain to hide this couch when they visit.

Obviously, the fireplace. I'd like to get it hooked up to gas sometime next year. Although wood burning fireplaces smell wonderful - if you haven't guessed - I'm not a fan of all of the upkeep required to keep one clean.
The powder room on the first floor, with a print given to me by my father. The background of the Van Gough matches the paint in the bathroom perfectly!

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Awesome! What a gorgeous house!!