Saturday, September 13, 2008

Vroom, vroom...

The day after closing on our house, Lew & I decided to commit ourselves to another [insert obscene amount] worth of debt in order to lease not one, but two cars. The experience took soooo long, but the end product was worth it. After dinking around with the junior salesman for several hours, we almost walked out of the dealership because we figured we should be able to get some sort of deal for buying two cars. Then “the closer” stepped in. He asked us how much we wanted to spend for a down payment & what we wanted our monthly payments to be. Amazingly, he made both of the numbers work, so we walked away proud owners of a couple cars. Actually one car & one SUV. Given the sky-high gas prices and, therefore, the flood of SUV’s on the market, they nearly threw it in for free. So, Lew has a manly vehicle that he can drive to-and-from the train station.


And I have the practical (but cute) sedan that we’ll take most places. Both cars drive & ride really well.
I didn’t realize how much I missed driving for the last 4 years until I got the car again. Actually, I have never liked driving because I’ve always had cars that have required an inordinate amount of duct tape. So the Altima is a nice change of pace.


No comments: